The Court granted Final Approval of the Settlement on January 10, 2022. The Effective Date of the Settlement currently is February 9, 2022, but that date may be delayed. Please monitor this website to determine the Effective Date.
United States District Court for the District of New Jersey
If you are a current or former owner or lessee of a model-year 2013 to 2019 BMW vehicle with an “N63TU1” engine, you could get benefits from a class-action settlement.
A federal court has authorized this notice. This is not a solicitation from a lawyer.
- A nationwide settlement has been reached in a class action lawsuit against BMW of North America, LLC involving certain model-year 2013 through 2019 BMW 5 Series, 6 Series, 7 Series, X5 or X6 vehicles that contain the N63TU1 engine.
- The Settlement provides an opportunity to be reimbursed for certain past expenses and to obtain free future benefits, which are explained more fully below.
- Your legal rights are affected whether you act or don’t act, so please read this notice carefully.
|YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS AND OPTIONS IN THIS SETTLEMENT:|
|SUBMIT A CLAIM FORM AND/OR TAKE YOUR CLASS VEHICLE TO AN AUTHORIZED BMW CENTER||Make a claim to receive the valuable reimbursements for eligible past expenses and benefits potentially available to you under the Settlement and/or take your vehicle to an authorized BMW Center for certain free services after the Settlement is approved and/or utilize the new vehicle discount voucher.||Claims must be submitted by February 9, 2022. See Question 7, HERE.|
You may bring your Class Vehicle to a BMW Center and/or utilize the new vehicle discount voucher after the Settlement is approved. See Benefits of the Settlement page.
|EXCLUDE YOURSELF||Write to the Settlement Administrator to opt out of the Settlement. This is the only option that allows you to be part of any other lawsuit, or your own lawsuit, against the Defendant about the legal claims released in this Settlement.||Requests for Exclusion must be postmarked by November 30, 2021. See Question 11, HERE|
|OBJECT||Write to the judge about why you do not like the Settlement.||Objections must be postmarked by November 30, 2021. See Question 16, HERE.|
|GO TO A HEARING||Ask to speak in court to the judge about the Settlement.||The Final Approval Hearing is currently scheduled for January 10, 2022. See Question 18, HERE.|
|DO NOTHING||Give up some of the benefits you may be entitled to under the Settlement and your right to be part of any other lawsuit against the Defendant about the legal claims released by the Settlement.||See Question 21 listed HERE.|
- These rights and options — and the deadlines to exercise them — are explained in this notice.
- The Court in charge of this case still must decide whether to approve the Settlement before any benefits can be distributed. Please be patient and check the settlement website for updates.